Sep 28, 2010

Could use some prayer today

Hey peeps. Even though it’s been a three day weekend and I’ve been able to take my mind off ministry and relax, I am still feeling pretty drained. It’s been really hard to quiet my mind as anxious thoughts like “How can I build relationships with students in Vida Estudantil if I can’t understand Spanish very well?” “How can I encourage my teammates in their homesickness when I’m feeling it too,” “How can I share the Good News and tell students that God satisfies the longings of our hearts when there are many things that I am still longing for?” and “I miss my home church where they worship in English and I can understand the sermon and have conversations with people after the service without speaking broken Spanish and sounding dumb.” Gah.

Please pray not just for me, but for the other 4 members of my team; I know that some of them are experiencing the same anxieties. That we will not be led by our feelings but cling to God’s truth that says he will guide us, protect us, and do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on all your happenings. Wow, what an experience! I love how well you describe your relationship with God...it's delicious to read. You have the most beautiful heart. I'm grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girl...good to "hear from you" on the blog...your newsletter was super! Know that God IS working in you and the team to do far immeasurably beyond what you can ask or imagine! Each day is eternally significant...you are precious to Him! Love you, joy

    ReplyDelete


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .