Jan 10, 2011

Just a Dominicanism

Since today is the day that the Dominican Republic is observing Dia de Los Reyes (basically day they celebrate the three wise men), I thought I’d give you all a taste of how Dominicans celebrate.

This video is a short clip of how our friends from church helped us celebrate Jimmy’s birthday. As a rule, no matter who or what the celebration is for, it pretty much is summed up in these 20 seconds. For some context, it’s about 10pm…at a Burger King…and some of the people that are celebrating with us don’t even know Jimmy:

Dominicans love to celebrate!

And we get embarrassed when the waiters come by to sing Happy Birthday at Chili’s…

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this made me cringe. So not my social style!

    Miss you, chica!

    ReplyDelete


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .