Jan 23, 2011

Is It Really Winter?

I had another rare, yet powerful, reminder of how awesome my job is. As the spring semester at UASD is about to begin again on February 1st, our team needed to do some planning for upcoming events that would help grow the ministry. To help us get the creative juices flowing, we decided to take a planning retreat and explore another beautiful part of this country.

My sympathies for those of you who are reading this while looking out the window and waiting for the snow to melt, but how cool is this place?

We went to a very reasonably priced all inclusive hotel in SamanĂ¡, which is at the North East side of the island. We spent our mornings in prayer and planning, but afternoons enjoying our time as a team, which honestly did us a lot of good as we tend to work better when we’ve had a little fun together.

Some other treats were the hotel’s hot showers (a first in months!), air conditioning, and all you can eat buffets! I got to play croquet for my first time ever with the guys (I won, but I think it was beginner’s luck), do beach side step aerobics with Bri (which I was so thankful that she stepped outside her comfort zone to do with me!), swam, and kayaked our hearts out.

It’s been difficult at times to be away from my family, closest friends, and routines from home. But thank you God for providing pleasure in other ways—ways that many others don’t get to experience!

1 comment:

  1. So. Envious. It's freaking cold here and another blizzard is set to arrive tomorrow afternoon...

    ReplyDelete


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .