Nov 10, 2010

Does this mean I’m entering into the honeymoon phase?

I suddenly have the urge to put up pictures of how beautiful of a country I live in. When our team was at briefing back in August, we were told that we would experience peaks and valleys with how in love with life here in a different culture. They explained to us that during the first two months, you will likely go through the “honeymoon phase” where you are thriving off of the newness and excitement of starting life in a new country. Well, I can’t say that I’d describe the first two months being in the DR that way (it was pretty tough!) But I’m glad to say that I think I ‘m starting to really enjoy myself in all areas—being a part of the team, getting to know students and witness to them, and learning the culture. Praise God!

So, without further ado, I will now brag about how beautiful this place is through pictures:

IMG_4874

IMG_4430

View from our patio of the Caribbean Sea. Granted, this is what it looked like during Hurricane Tomas:Hurican Tomas

September 2010 064

Colonial Zone, where Christopher Columbus resided back in the day.

011

National Botanical Gardens

August 2010 006 (2)

View from my bedroom window. Kind of reminds me of that scene in Aladdin…

And these pictures are just from places within a ten mile radius of where I live! We haven’t even been to a proper beach yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .