Feb 4, 2010

Victimized

Well, it was probably going to happen sooner or later. Thousands of bikes get stolen near ASU and last, someone finally took my cute little blue Denali road bike. It should have been my first clue when someone stole the seat late last semester to bring it inside, especially when I don't use it every day anymore.
But I love how even in the most frustrating of situations, God gives you something to laugh about. While making my report to the police officer over the phone, I was caught off guard when he asked me to describe my physical appearance. Of course the first question he asks is the most difficult--"What is your ethnicity?" I'm pretty sure I have no idea how to answer that. Before bubbling in answers in any kind of poll or survey about my ethnicity, I always just choose whatever will benefit me most. So for the longest time, I would put "Asian" thinking I would get better scholarships. Only recently have I made the switch to putting "White" just because. The funny thing is that I could really pass as both and neither. So as I'm contemplating my answer, I get suspicious looks from my roommates who are wondering what question could be so difficult to answer. By the time he asks for my height and weight, they've started to giggle which--in my nervous awkwardness--causes me to start laughing hysterically. No kidding, full on laughing my butt off so much that when he asks for my hair and eye color I can't even say my response. Somehow I manage to say "brown" and he goes, "For both?" ..."pshh yahaha!" "Ok, I'll take that as a yes..." The conversation painfully goes on as my roommates and I are now in full blown hysterics and I can barely get out the rest of my answers. He's probably thinking I deserved to have my bike stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .