Apr 9, 2012

What’s in a woman’s purse?

A catchy title, but I actually did think it interesting to write about  what’s in my purse, not just the girly things, but the essentials I tote around with me on campus as a missionary at UASD.

  1. A water bottle. Make that two. It’s hot and I need to stay hydrated. DSC01103
  2. A roll of toilet paper. Well for all that water…and the campus bathrooms do not come stocked with TP (or toilet seats for that matter, but that’s not as crucial)!
  3. Bilingual Bible. Standard.
  4. Flyers for our Vida Estudiantil group.
  5. Spiritual interest surveys that we use to help us start conversations about God and provide a way for us to follow up with students.
  6. Printed copies of articles on topics like prayer, our identity in Christ, submitting to God’s will, etc. to share with students who might need encouragement in that area.
  7. Bilingual copies of the Four Spiritual Laws. Basic tool for sharing the Gospel clearly with others. We use these often!
  8. A game. Currently carrying Pass the Pigs. A great way to meet new students and get to know them in a fun setting.
  9. A Christian book. Currently carrying Entrusting the Key by Ali Smith since one of the student leaders just returned it to me (we exchange books often!)
  10. Lip gloss. It is a purse after all! Who says missionaries gotta look homely?

It takes some time to plan ahead, but I think that even when I’m back home in the States, I will continue to carry with me helpful tools to share Jesus with whoever I might meet that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .