Feb 23, 2011

So much good news!

I haven’t posted much this month, but in a nutshell, so many great things have happened for me personally, for our team, and with the ministry. Here’s a little recap:

In the beginning of the month, my parents came to Santo Domingo for a visit! It was so refreshing to see them and since it was my mom’s first time here, it was great for her to get to see where I’ve been living. The students were quick to welcome back my dad and I was impressed as my mom used her Spanish to introduce herself at the weekly meeting. What was perhaps the most encouraging part of their trip was when they participated in our team’s weekly prayer and worship time. My parents prayed over each of us and reminded us of the awesome work God is doing here. Sometimes it takes an outsider’s perspective to recognize those things!DSC01881

The other great thing that I experienced was getting to go home for a quick 4 days to be a part of my sister’s wedding! It was a whirlwind experience, but so awesome to get to spend even more time with my family, meet my baby niece and brother in law, and witness the big day!Me with my niece

Finally, we experienced a lot of rockin’ things at UASD. We saw a student come to Christ during our weekly evangelism time with students, began discipleship groups with 15 students, and had students from our first ever leadership team conduct the weekly meetings! We are also become recognized on campus as Vida Estudiantil. A couple of students approached a small group of us sitting around one day and asked if we were the ones that had the weekly Bible studies and if they could join us that week. Cool!

Continue to pray for us as there is still much to be learned about our students and ministry at UASD. Pray for perseverance and a deepening compassion to drive us on!

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH! Seeing your sweet moms face reminded me that I dreamed about you BOTH last night. But I can't remember the details...oh how funny that I'd see you both on this post today. It's so great to read your updates. Praying for you!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .