Aug 19, 2010

Leaving today!

Well, it’s about 2 am Chicago time…our shuttle leaves in about 2 hours. I can’t sleep, but it’s not so bad as Brianna can’t either. I’m not sure if it’s nerves, being tired, or excitement, but we’re pretty slap happy. It was a nice relief from the stress that this week has brought on. We’ve been receiving great coaching here at briefing, but it’s been a busy week. I’m sure things will settle down once we find apartments in country, but at the moment, I feel like I’m sprinting through a marathon. I know that being up this late is not really helping that, but I am pretty sure this is just one of those nights I’m not going to get much rest anyways.

We’ll be greeting at the airport by Leyla tomorrow and taken to a hotel where we’ll stay for a few days until we can find housing. I’m really looking forward to the lunch that Braulio has invited our team to the following day. We’ll get to meet others who will be working along side us in our mission and they’ll hopefully be a lot of help as we try to make Santo Domingo our new home.

Oh yeah, as this was my first time in Chicago, here’s a picture of our team during our free time (plus Joel, a friend from ASU who will be spending a year in East Asia)Chicago 036

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .