Jul 28, 2010

3 Weeks left in the U.S.!

While I still have 3 weeks in the states, I will be leaving my home in Vegas in 2 weeks to spend a couple of days saying goodbye to friends and family in Phoenix, then it’s off to Chicago for briefing where our team of five will unite for the first time.

For those of you who are keeping up with my support goal updates, you’ll be glad to know that as of today I am at 79%! My one time gifts goal is overflowing (praise God!), but I still need $600 in monthly support. If you know ANYONE who might be able to meet this need by pledging some amount in the next two weeks, let me know how I can reach them at Jessica.Wright@uscm.org.

On another note, I’m appreciating how God is spiritually preparing me for this trip. He showed me something encouraging today in Acts 15:1-21 about when Paul approached Peter, James, and John, requesting an alignment of belief that the message of the gospel was for both the Gentiles and the Jews. Clearly, Christ intended these “pillars of the church” to minister to the Jews. But the Spirit had other plans for Paul. A previous persecutor of those in the faith, God redirected Paul’s passionate hatred into a passionate messenger of the gospel—specifically to the Gentiles. To me, this so illustrates the body of Christ and how each of us was uniquely designed to minister to people and bring God glory. In the past, God has chosen me to be a witness to freshmen women at Arizona State University. Now, God has equipped and called me to minister to students in the Dominican Republic.

What are your unique gifts and how is God calling you to use them in carrying out His second greatest command: “Love your neighbor as yourself?”

No comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright homesick for heaven 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .